Directions to The Sanctuary from Liberia Airport:
Distance: 60 miles/100 kilometers (drive time 90 min.)
- Turn right onto the highway towards Santa Cruz.
- Just prior to entering Santa Cruz & crossing the bridge, turn right towards Playa Junquillal and Playa Tamarindo (paved road). Drive 16 km.
- *At the fork in the road, bear left toward Veintisiete (27) de Abril and Junquillal.
- Go 0.4 km, turn right toward Junquillal and Rio Seco. You will see your first sign for The Sanctuary. There will be others every 6-10 km. Drive 8.2 km.
- Take a left toward Marbella, Ostional, and The Sanctuary Resort. Drive 0.8 km then turn right. Drive 21 km and you are there! (This is a dirt road, however they are continuing to pave many new roads in Costa Rica so this may change.)
- The entrance to the resort is 4 km beyond Marbella.
Directions to The Sanctuary from San Jose Airport:
Distance: 170 miles/280 kilometers (drive time 4-5 hours)
- Take the Pan American Highway toward San Ramon.
- Continue to Limonal. In Limonal, turn left at the Shell gas station, toward the Tempisque bridge.
- Stay on the highway, crossing the bridge toward Nicoya and Santa Cruz. At the end of the road, turn right toward Nicoya and Santa Cruz.
- Continue through the town of Santa Cruz, cross a small bridge, turn left toward Playa Junquillal and Playa Tamarindo. Drive 16 km. Follow directions * above from this point.